Maps in Trondheim, Vinstra, Sandefjord and Tynset/Kvikne
I have some old maps (out of copyright) available for parts of Norway. Will add a list next time I vist home. I can scan some of these if there is interest.
- Overlay highlighting unnamed roads (also has .osm extracts per country)
- All_in_one_Garmin_Map Lots of different maps. A bit messy.
Overlays for missing maxspeed/surface, etc?
Notes on Garmin custom map making (mkgmap)
- Styles maps OSM elements to Garmin types
- Garmin types can be customized with .TYP files. (road color/width/pattern, POI icons, etc)
- Styles can have a parent. style/info base-style: BASE_STYLE_NAME (does works for multiple levels?)
- Produce a test map with all(?) known Garmin types (the default lat/long is 51.7/0.24)
export BASE_LAT=50.0 export BASE_LONG=10.0 mkgmap test-map:all-elements
- .TYP files
- To include a .TYP file --gmapsupp option need to be used
- Color palettes?
- http://www.deltadelta.de/garmin_colours/ (255)
- Oregon x50 series have 65k color displays
- Garmin types
- Are the type ids restricted to the ones garmin understand natively, or can one use the whole range in combination with a external TYP file?
- IMG format has only 6 bits available for storing a polyline type. So only 64 polyline types available.
- Mkgmap/help/style rules ; should mention .TYP files?
- Style files, .TYP files, and potential useful scripts
- git clone git://github.com/aiomaster/aiostyles.git