(Redirected from Where to get help?)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Use the search box on top right to search the wiki for the right page to answer your question.
- Map Features — is useful for finding out how to tag a wide range of features, see also Category:Features for more content.
- Mapping projects — page has information about many projects within OpenStreetMap on particular subjects or for particular countries/territories.
- help.openstreetmap.org — provides forum-style questions and answers for common issues.
- switch2osm — explains how to use OpenStreetMap instead of other services.
- Contact channels — contact real users at forums, mailing list, IRC or real life meetings.
- Category:Portals — act as "front pages" to wiki, you may also want to explore top level category Category:Categories.
- Finally, the FAQ will cover some questions.
Use the Beginners' guide and Contribute map data to learn how to start contributing map data to the project. If you are interested in help on software development then head over to the Develop page. How to contribute will guide you how to use your skills.
- Wiki Help
- Communities on other sites — more external resources
- Legal portal and report any suspected copyright infringement to the Data Working Group.
- Introduction to OSM for Business Users
- Good practice — guidelines that will increase the quality and value of our map data without any additional effort
- Editing Standards and Conventions — for mappers
- Category:Tagging guidelines by country — country-specific explanations
- Reporting abuse, spam and vandalism