|amenity = shelter|
|A small place to protect against bad weather conditions|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
A shelter is small place to protect against bad weather conditions.
How to map
Add a node or area where the shelter is located, and add the amenity=shelter tag to it.
Tags to use in combination
- shelter_type=* - describes the type of the shelter accurate
- shelter_type=basic_hut - contained cottage
- shelter_type=lean_to - open shelter
- shelter_type=picnic_shelter - A design that provides protection against rain on picnic areas.
- shelter_type=rock_shelter - A rock shelter is a shallow cave-like opening at the base of a bluff or cliff
- bench=yes — To precise if there's a bench in the shelter.
- drinking_water=yes/no - Indication whether a feature provides drinking water
- tourism=alpine_hut - Alpine hut, where you can eat and sleep
- tourism=wilderness_hut - Wilderness hut, unserviced
Related terms: ‹ chamber › ‹ refuge › ‹ joint › ‹ house › ‹ dwelling › ‹ lodge › ‹ asylum › ‹ den › ‹ apartment › ‹ home › ‹ sanctuary › ‹ cover › ‹ hide › ‹ shelter › ‹ cave › ‹ crib ›