| Browse WikiProject Singapore map|
Zoom level : 12
Welcome to OSM Singapore!
I have started working on Singapore. The plan is to start doing a rough island and highways after that clean up the city center a bit and then we see how it goes. I think we need to do a bit of Johor and bintan/batam also to get a bit of surrounding.
- 1 Members
- 2 Maps
- 3 Forum / Discussion
- 4 Road tagging
- 5 Buildings
- 6 Facilities
- 7 Things that need to be done
- 8 Public Transport
- 9 See Also
User:Singeo - Working on area around East Coast Road/Still Road/Changi Road
User:Harishpillay - Working on forested areas gathered during hhh runs.
User:Ghane - Adding names to roads.
User:Tokage - Working on area around Upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Panjang
User:MapEditor - Working on Sembawang mostly. But of course, most parts of Singapore.
User:fusionstream - Working on Tampines/Simei but some parts of Bedok and Pasir Ris as well. Also tagging Marine Features for Singapore over at OpenSeaMap (which uses the same database) - focusing on the northern area for the moment.
User:HangYong - Working on area around West and some less travelled roads around.
User:Ebolwidt - Working from Kolam Ayer (north) area outwards
User:eugenepjk - Staying in the West Side of Singapore. Focusing in that area.
The current OSM Singapore map can be found at: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=1.3328&lon=103.8307&zoom=12&layers=0BFT or http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=1.3550616271604272&lon=103.82861217335657&zoom=12&layers=B000F000F
Forum / Discussion
A thread has been created in the forum to facilitate sharing of ideas and tips. Please go to here
Additional discussion and updates can also be found in Talk:WikiProject_Singapore
- Using highway = motorway for expressways, i.e. CTE, ECP, PIE, AYE, TPE, KPE, SLE and so on.
- Using highway = trunk for semi expressways, i.e. Nicoll highway, Outer Ring Road System and West Coast Highway. See picture from wikipedia
- Using highway = primary for Singapores main roads except when they fall in category trunk (see suggestion of main roads in wikipedia), assume Upper Thomason and Upper Serangoon also fall in this category and probably a few more??
- Using highway = secondary for other big roads that are not main roads, like Tanglin road
- Using highway = tertiary for small roads or alleys, usually roads that service HDB estates.
- Using highway = residential usually for roads that move between "landed properties". Sometimes for roads that connect different HDB clusters. If there are desginated parking lots on one or both sides of the road (some landed properties), see below.
- Using highway = service & service = parking_aisle when there are parking lots on one or both sides of the road. This does not apply to main roads (such as those along Geylang Road). Use oneway = yes if appropriate. These roads are typically seen in HDB estates.
- Using highway = service for roads that lead into HDB clusters (without parking on either side) or for roads that serve no purpose other than to physically connect a building or an area to any of the roads mentioned above (e.g. a small driveway that connects a place of worship to the main road)
Use footway = both/left/right on a road way if there is a side walk. Choose the appropriate value.
Roads which are physically segregated in either direction should be a dual carriage way (2 ways going in opposite direction)
- addr:postcode=* (if possible)
Multi Storey Carpark
If you want to map the actual buildings within the condominium you refer to "HDB Apartments"
- leisure=park to denote the boundaries of a park
- landuse=grass to denote a field
- leisure=playground to denote a playground
- leisure=pitch, sport=*, surface=* to denote an outdoor sports court/pitch
Things that need to be done
- Expressways (high priority)
CTE(added tunnel part also, but it is only a guess, no real data to back it up, need dead reckoning GPS track .....)
- ECP (updated needed. status: have cleaned up between Changi Airport and Tg Rhu)
- KPE (ed: started)
- Link roads to and fro the expressways
- Outer Ring Road System
- Still Road South
Hougang Avenue 3
- Thomson Road
- Portsdown Avenue
- West Coast Highway
- Main roads
- Suggest tagging as highway = primary (list of main road from wikipedia ) with exception of parts that fall in highway = trunk definition from above
Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
- Balestier Road (Cloud cover on Yahoo map, need GPS trace)
Boon Lay Way
Bras Basah Road
- Bukit Batok Road
Bukit Timah Road
- Choa Chu Kang Road
- Clementi Road
- East Coast Road
Eu Tong Sen Street
- Geylang Road
- Havelock Road (ed: partially)
- Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim
- Jalan Boon Lay
- Jalan Bukit Merah
- Jalan Kayu
- Lim Chu Kang Road
- Loyang Avenue
- Mandai Road
- Marine Parade Road
New Bridge Road
North Bridge Road
- Orchard Road
- Pasir Panjang Road
Paya Lebar Road
- Punggol Road
- River Valley Road (ed: partially)
- Scotts Road (ed: one side only)
- Shenton Way
South Bridge Road
- Tampines Road
- Tanjong Katong Road
- Telok Blangah Road
- Thomson Road
- West Coast Road
- West Coast Highway (tagg as trunk)
Yio Chu Kang Road
Upper Paya Lebar Road
- Upper Serangoon Road (ed: partially)
- Upper Thomson Road (ed: partially)
Roads in HDB New Towns
- Ang Mo Kio
- Bedok (ed: added but without names yet)
- Bukit Batok
- Bukit Panjang (ed: added but without names yet)
- Choa Chu Kang
- Hougang (ed: added but without names yet)
- Jurong East
- Jurong West
- Marine Parade
- Pasir Ris
- Sengkang (ed: added but without names yet)
- Tampines (ed: added but without names yet)
Singapore(done but not very good quality, needs to be done better sooner or later.)
- Reservoirs (for a list, see wikipedia page)
- Todo: Service reservoirs, planned reservoirs
- Jurong islands
- all other smaller islands
- Changi with runways and seletar and Paya Lebar air bases.
MRT / LRT
- Mass Rapid Transit (Singapore)
- All railway lines and stations (see wikipedia entry)
- Tagging for railway lines: 'railway' - 'subway'; 'name' - name of line;
- Tagging for railway stations (use a node to represent): 'railway' - 'station'; 'name' - name of station; 'ref' - station ID
- Completed: East West Line, North South Line, North East Line, Circle Line (note: the underground tracks are estimated)
- To verify: Downtown Line, East-West Line Tuas Extension
- Stations with estimated location (due to cloud cover of Yahoo map, need GPS fix): Kembangan, Toa Payoh, Braddell, Bishan, Sengkang, Serangoon
- To add: LRT lines, and other MRT lines still under construction
- NUS Internal Shuttle
- Sentosa Transport Services
- NTU Internal Shuttle
KTM rail between Tg Pagar Railway Station and Woodlands Checkpoint
Rail completed, but not yet update the layer position (i.e. whether the track is above or below roads / MRT tracks)
- BBBike @ Singapore - a cycle route planner for 新加坡共和国