India/Events/Map your waste
This will be a decentralized mapping event. Volunteers of Free Software Movement Karnataka(FSMK) are organizing 'Map your waste' mapping event using OpenStreetMap in coordination with GNU/Linux Users Groups of colleges across Bengaluru and in few other districts of Karnataka. The idea is to survey the area in the vicinity/neighborhood for sewage manholes, sewage lines and public toilets using Fieldpapers and OSMtracker/Keypad-Mapper_3/Mapillary in GPS-enabled android device. And then comeback to add the data to OSM using id/JOSM editor. For adding the data, we'll be using manhole=sewer tag and manmade=pipeline with type=sewage tags to add sewage lines. Currently there are no manhole or sewage objects mapped in India OSM(different tags used?) and looks like a unique mapping effort. :)
What you need
- Pen/Pencil to take location notes on Fieldpapers.
- GPS-enabled smartphone with OSMtracker/Keypad-Mapper_3/Mapillary app.
- Laptop to edit/upload data to OSM.
- Beginner's Guide
- If using OSMTracker - LearnOSM Guide on OSMTracker
- OSMTracker buttons layout - customized for Map Your Waste
- If using Mapillary - Data_collection_with_Mapillary
- If using Fieldpapers - LearnOSM Guide on Fieldpapers
- To add manhole, sewage line and public toilets data, use following tags -
Please do not delete existing data unless you know what you're doing and map responsibly.