|Country code of a sending country of a diplomatic mission|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The key country=* indicate the country represented by the feature. Specifically, in conjunction with office=diplomatic or amenity=embassy, it indicates the sending country of a diplomatic mission. In conjunction with man_made=flagpole, it indicates the country whose flag is flown from the flagpole. country=EU in conjunction with office=government indicates an office belonging to the European Union.
As value for country=* you need to provide the country code according to ISO 3166-1 alpha-2. This code is given as two UPPER CASE characters. You will find a conclusive list of all internationally recognised country codes here: .
- country=DE for the German embassy to another power.
- country=DK for the Danish embassy to another power.
- country=TZ for the Tanzanian embassy to another power.
- country=DZ for the Algerian embassy to another power.
- country=EU for a building or office operated by the international organisation "European Union".
- Proposed features/Border Control
- WikiProject Belgium/Conventions/EU institutions and bodies
The same country codes according to ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 are also used in conjunction with addr:country=*.