Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Specifies whether light rail trains stop at a feature|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The key light_rail=yes/no is used to specify whether light rail trains stop at a feature such as a train station or platform. "Light rail" is a higher-standard tram system, often separated from other traffic for part or much of the way.
How to Map
- This tag should be used solely within the public_transport=* schema. It should not be used in combination with any railway=* tags.
- Add the tag light_rail=yes to a feature such as a public_transport=stop_position to specify that light rail trains stop at this feature. This is mainly useful when the same feature, such as a station, is shared by a highway=* with a bus.
- Add the tag light_rail=no to a feature when light rail trains do not stop there, even though they might otherwise be expected to.
- Some mappers use public_transport=platform and public_transport=station features in combination with this tag instead of adding the more common tags railway=platform and railway=station. However this tagging is not as popular, nor approved as part of the proposal and is not widely supported by database users.
- Some mappers add light_rail=yes/no to public_transport=stop_position on a node of the railway=light_rail way to show where a light rail train usually stops at a platform, halt or station, however, database users may also obtain the same information from the railway=light_rail tag on the way which the node shares.
- train=* - specifies whether a train stops at a feature - usually not a subway, monorail or tram, but might overlap with light_rail
- tram=* - specifies whether trams or streetcars stop at a feature
- subway=* - specifies whether a subway train stops at a feature
- monorail=* - specifies whether monorail trains stop at a feature
- railway=station, railway=halt allowing to mostly skip using this tag
- It is a common misconception that PTv2 proposal deprecated tags like highway=bus_stop or railway=station - this is not true https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?oldid=625726#What_this_Proposal_does_not_cover to replace it by this type of tagging