Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Specifies whether subway trains stop at a feature|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
How to Map
- This tag should be used solely within the public_transport=* schema. It should not be used in combination with any railway=* tags.
- Add the tag subway=yes to a feature such as public_transport=stop_position to specify that subway trains stop at this feature. This is mainly useful when the same feature, such as a station, is shared by a railway=subway with a train and a highway=* with a bus, or with another railway=* type such as a trams or ligh_rail.
- Add the tag subway=no to a feature when subway trains do not stop there, even though they might otherwise be expected to.
- Some mappers use public_transport=platform and public_transport=station features in combination with this tag instead of adding the more common tags railway=platform and railway=station. However this tagging was not approved as part of the proposal and is not widely supported by database users.
- The Public_Transport proposal in 2011 approved using subway=yes/no with public_transport=stop_position on a node on the railway=subway way to show where a subway train usually stops at a platform, halt or station, however, database users may also obtain the same information from the railway=subway tag on the way which the node shares.