Available languages — Tag:railway=subway
Type of railway track for a city passenger rail service, more generally called metros. The system should be completely separated from other traffic, in central areas often underground, sometimes elevated. Despite the name, some subway lines may run entirely above the ground. See Rapid transit.
How to Map
Use this tag on a way representing the railway tracks of the rapid transit route.
Tags to use in combination
- bridge=yes - for sections running on bridges
- tunnel=yes - for underground sections and...
- tunnel=no - for overground sections (note that some people believe this is useful to set, to dispel any ambiguity in the case of railway=subway ways)
- layer=* the layer tag indicates vertical stacking order for overlapping map objects: the higher the layer value the higher the object on the stack. Default is 0 and should not be tagged. Take special care for long sections of underground subways to avoid their intersection (same layer) with other underground objects such as underground parkings or tunnels). Stacking is local (at the point of intersection). The layer does not imply any height=* (or level=* within buildings) which may be also needed on some sections, notably sections within subway stations, nor does it imply an overground or underground location.
- electrified=rail - Indicates infrastructure to supply vehicles with electricity
- gauge=# - Gauge in mm (millimeters)
- frequency=# - Frequency in Hz (hertz)
- voltage=# - Voltage in V (volts)
To map the route of the subway
|In comparison to other railway bodies