Jump to navigation Jump to search
|aeroway = apron|
|An area of an airport where planes are parked, unloaded or loaded, refueled, or boarded|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
An apron or ramp is the surfaced part of an airport where planes park.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- name=* – The name of the apron. On larger airports, there may be several different aprons for different use (passenger/cargo/mechanical service) or for different terminals.
- surface=* – Use this tag to define the surface of the apron. Examples: paved, sand, grass, gravel, snow, unpaved.
- ref=* – The reference number / identifier of the apron
- Further features can be drawn on the apron
- aeroway=gate – gates
- aeroway=parking_position – parking positions on nodes
- aeroway=parking_position – parking lane on way
- aeroway=taxiway – marked taxiway for aircraft
|Apron of the Halifax Airport
See Munich International Airport for a reference.