|aeroway = taxiway|
|A route where airplanes manouevre between runways and parking areas within an aerodrome|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A taxiway is a path for aircraft at an airport connecting runways with aprons, hangars, terminals and other facilities.
How to map
|Mapping aeroway=taxiway and aeroway=runway as areas is disputed. You can join the discussion here and here.|
Sometimes in addition to mapping as a linear way, the outline of the taxiway has been mapped as an area with aeroway=taxiway + area=yes, however area:aeroway=taxiway has been suggested for this purpose instead.
Additional information can be specified using these keys:
- ref=* - for the name of the taxiway
- width=* - for the width of the taxiway (in meter), note this should specify the physical width of the taxiway on the ground, not the clearance.
- surface=asphalt/concrete/grass/... - physical makeup of the surface of the taxiway.
- aeroway=holding_position - as at holding positions on the taxiway.
- crossing:aircraft=* - A point where the flow of traffic is impacted by crossing aircraft.
- Main article: Lifecycle prefix
|A taxiway under construction.|
|In operation||aeroway=taxiway||An operational taxiway.|
|Disused||disused:aeroway=taxiway||A taxiway not in use, which could be brought back into operation.|
|Abandoned||abandoned:aeroway=taxiway||When it is unusable or has been reused. Add for example highway=cycleway.|
|center = 48.36212, 11.79289 | width = 250px | height = 200px | zoom = 15 | minzoom = 13 | maxzoom = 18 }}|
See Munich International Airport for a reference.