Jump to navigation Jump to search
|aeroway = taxiway
|A route where airplanes manouevre between runways and parking areas within an aerodrome
|Rendering in OSM Carto
|Used on these elements
|Status: de facto
|Tools for this tag
A taxiway is a path for aircraft at an airport connecting runways with aprons, hangars, terminals and other facilities.
How to map
Additional information can be specified using these keys:
- ref=* – for the name of the taxiway
- width=* – for the width of the taxiway (in meter), note this should specify the physical width of the taxiway on the ground, not the clearance.
- surface=asphalt/concrete/grass/... – physical makeup of the surface of the taxiway.
- aeroway=holding_position – as at holding positions on the taxiway.
- crossing:aircraft=* – A point where the flow of traffic is impacted by crossing aircraft.
- Main article: Lifecycle prefix
|A taxiway under construction.
|An operational taxiway.
|A taxiway not in use, which could be brought back into operation.
|When it is unusable or has been reused. Add for example highway=cycleway.
See Munich International Airport for a reference.