Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Describes the characteristics of a busway.|
|Used on these elements|
|Documented values: 2|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
This tag indicates the presence of at least one bus lane on one or more sides of the road. The side of the road can be indicated with :left and :right suffixes.
- A bus lane is a lane within the roadway designated for use by buses. This tag determines that there is a bus lane in both directions on the road.
- The bus lane is on both sides of the road, both sides are tagged explicitly.
- The bus lane is only on the right side of the road.
- The bus lane is only on the left side of the road.
- The route is a lane, but buses may go in the direction opposite to other traffic (the bus lane is a contraflow bus lane). Only applies where oneway=yes. It might be useful to tag busway=lane + oneway:bus=no instead of mixing values of two keys in one key.
- Generic dedicated bus lane(s) tagging: busway=lane
- Bus lane on right side of the road only: busway:right=lane
- One-way bus lane in opposite direction of a one-way road: busway=opposite_lane
- Bus lanes in both directions, on left and right sides of a one-way road: busway:left=opposite_lane + busway:right=lane
- Bus bays: bus_bay=*
- Bus-only roads (asphalt/tarmac): highway=* + access=no + bus=yes
- Bus guideways (with guide kerb): highway=bus_guideway
- Shared bus lanes with bicycles: add cycleway=share_busway