|highway = bus_guideway|
|A busway that is side guided "rails like", not suitable for other traffic.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Guided buses are buses steered for part or all of their route by external means, usually on a dedicated "track" or guideway. This guideway, which often parallels existing roads, excludes all other traffic, permitting the maintenance of reliable schedules on heavily used corridors even during rush hours.
Although guidance systems can be either physical or remote (such as optical or radio guidance), this tag should only apply to physical guidance systems.
Do not use this on normal paved roadways that are designated for buses only.
|name=*||Name of the guideway (if applicable).|
|operator=*||Name of operator if known.|
- lanes:bus=* / lanes:psv=* - Total number of lanes marked on the way as reserved for buses / Total number of lanes marked on the way as reserved for Public Service Vehicles (buses, taxis etc.)
- bus:lanes=* / psv:lanes=* - For describing the legal accessibility by Public Service Vehicles (bus) per lane / For describing the legal accessibility by Public Service Vehicles (bus and taxi) per lane
- bus_bay=* - A bus bay outside the main carriageway for boarding/alighting
- highway=busway - busways which are not guideways.
- busway=* - the characteristics of a busway.