The tag highway=bus_guideway is used to map a busway that is side guided "rails like" for the exclusive use of guided buses, not suitable for other traffic.
Guided buses are buses steered for part or all of their route by external means, usually on a dedicated "track" or guideway. This guideway, which often parallels existing roads, excludes all other traffic, permitting the maintenance of reliable schedules on heavily used corridors even during rush hours.
Although guidance systems can be either physical or remote (such as optical or radio guidance), this tag should only apply to physical guidance systems.
Do not use this on normal paved roadways that are designated for buses only.
One correct tagging for those is highway=busway. (use bus=private if only some specific subset of buses is allowed).
- lanes:bus=* / lanes:psv=* - Total number of lanes marked on the way as reserved for buses / Total number of lanes marked on the way as reserved for Public Service Vehicles (buses, taxis etc.)
- bus:lanes=* / psv:lanes=* - For describing the legal accessibility by Public Service Vehicles (bus) per lane / For describing the legal accessibility by Public Service Vehicles (bus and taxi) per lane
- bus_bay=* - A bus bay outside the main carriageway for boarding/alighting
- highway=busway - busways which are not guideways.
- busway=* - the characteristics of a busway.
Guided bus on Wikipedia
, bicycle road
, bus guideway