|highway = steps|
|For flights of steps on footways and paths.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
For flights of steps on footways and paths.
How to map
Indicate which direction the steps go up or down by using the tag incline=up — when the direction of the way points upwards — or the tag incline=down, respectively. By convention, the direction of the way should preferably point uphill, but the key incline=* should always be added to the way (see the talk page for more details).
Tags to use in combination
- step_count=* can be added to indicate the number of steps.
- handrail=* can be used to specify where the handrail.
- tactile_paving=yes/(no)/incorrect if there is a paving on both ends of the steps that can be found with a blind person's stick.
- tactile_writing=yes/no indicates whether there is tactile writing available at the handrail(s) of the steps.
- surface=* indicates the surface.
- ramp=* indicates whether a ramp is available.
- level=* the floor levels connected or passed through by the stairs (e.g. at stations)
- level=0;1 between the ground floor and the 1st floor
- width=* width in meters
- name=* add if the steps have a special name
- Proposed features/Access Ramp is a proposal for tagging independent ramps
- Proposed features/Area-steps is a proposal for mapping area steps from 2015-03-04
- Relations/Proposed/Area#Area-steps is a proposal for mapping area steps from 2009-12-02
- User:Marek kleciak/Stairs modelling some ideas regarding modeling more details
- Proposed features/Steps features for additional tags describing steps
- MENTZ GmbH/Modellierungsvorschläge Indoor#Treppen(de)