|a conveyor transport device for carrying people|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
This key is used for the two most common types of conveyor transport for persons: escalators and moving walkways.
An escalator is a moving staircase – a conveyor transport device for carrying people between floors of a building.
A moving walkway (British English) or moving sidewalk (American English) (colloquially sometimes travelator, horizontal escalator, walkalator, autowalk, movator, people mover) is a slow-moving conveyor mechanism that transports people, across a horizontal or inclined plane, over a short to medium distance.
The conveying key is used together with highway=steps (for escalators) or highway=footway (for moving walkways).
Note: In Simple Indoor Tagging conveying=yes is also used without one of these tags (and can be combined with stairs=yes and indoor=room or indoor=area on a indoor area).
Escalator tagging example
Note: This example combines elements following the Simple Indoor Tagging scheme with the escalators as generic indoor elements (the tag indoor=yes is not part of the original Simple Indoor Tagging scheme).
- incline=up, incline=down or the more precise incline=[-]<number>% can be used for conveyors that aren't horizontal.
- Lanes (could be used for physically connected parallel escalators)
- Access (if some potential users are forbidden from using the escalator)
- Quicentro Shopping on OpenLevelUp! on OSM on OSM.cz
- Clermont Ferrand
- Centre Jaude on OpenLevelUp! on OSM on OSM.cz
- Panamá City
- Multicentro Mall on OpenLevelUp! on OSM on OSM.cz
- Proposed features/Goods conveyor for conveyors that transport goods.