|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag snowplowing=* is used to specify whether or not a way is regularly snowplowed. In regions with regular snowfall, snowplowing affects the amount of available routes. Snowplowing is mostly done on the same roads, footways, cycleways, or railways every winter.
Note: Consider using the approved key winter_service=* in addition, since it covers other kinds of winter maintenance.
- yes: the way or area is regularly snowplowed.
- The exact interval or expected delay after each snowfall is unknown, but it is virtually always less than a week, and mostly few days at most
- no: the way isn't snowplowed at all
- heated: This value has been used a few times when the way or area has a working heating system to melt any snow; it is virtually always free of snow. Encountered only in very steep urban inclines with bus routes and on some pedestrian streets or steps
- seasonal:snowfall:regaintime=* For pedestrian routes, that are used regardless of them not being snowplowed the most descriptive feature is how long it takes, on average, for the way to be stomped on enough to be easily walkable "in high heels or dress shoes".