|Visibility of a given element|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
visibility=* is used for publicly visible devices or objects or features to evaluate the scope of their visibility.
- visibility=house : visible from the pavement, or up to 10 meters (around), or to indicate that the device is targeted mostly for pedestrians.
- visibility=street : visible from the current street, or from between 10 m and 50 m (around), or to indicate that the device is targeted to passers-by moving with vehicles going slowly.
- visibility=area : visible from several directions, or from more than 50 m (around), or to indicate that the device is targeted to passers-by moving with vehicles going fast.
- advertising=* For advertising devices, setting a 'visibility' value helps defining the impact of the advertising unit on the passers-by.
- amenity=clock From which distance can you read a publicly visible clock? E.g. : the value 'area' can be used for a church clock.
trail_visibility=* - Special key for the visibility of hiking trails