Mechanical edits/Friendly Ghost
I plan to fix a bunch of brand:website=* tags to stores of large chains in NL that were incorrectly added as website=*, url=* or contact:website=*. Additionally, I plan to add brand=* and brand:wikidata=* tags where they are missing.
- User borishag is still actively using and advocating for website=* to link to the chain's main webpage, but the larger Dutch community has spoken out against this practice. Communication with him should take place before any mechanical edit to store chain that he maintains in OSM.
- fixme=* and note=* tags should be looked at during the mechanical edit to extract useful information like recent closure of stores.
- Specific store pages should of course be left on website=*. Only the main page of a chain should become brand:website=*.
- These tags can also be used to create warning messages in validators like Osmose.
- ref=* tags for some stores can be used to generate specific web pages that can become correct website=* tags.
Tags to edit
Objects to (not) edit
I plan to edit the amenity=post_office in Algeria with wikimedia_commons=File:AlgeriePoste.svg. To minimise false positives, I exclude the one that has an office=government tag and the one that carries a brand:wikidata=Q373724 tag.
I do not plan to edit Algerian post offices without wikimedia_commons=File:AlgeriePoste.svg , as my main goal for this edit is to get rid of this tag.
There are also a few ATMs tagged with wikimedia_commons=File:AlgeriePoste.svg that I do not plan to edit.
Tags to (not) edit
My plan is to remove wikimedia_commons=File:AlgeriePoste.svg and to add the following tags to these Algerian post offices:
- brand=بريد الجزائر
- brand:en=Algérie Poste
- brand:fr=Algérie Poste
- brand:wikipedia=ar:بريد الجزائر
Since Arabic is the official language of Algeria, I plan to remove the brand:ar and brand:wikipedia:ar tags, because they are redundant.
I plan to remove wikipedia=* and wikidata=* tags that refer to Algérie Poste as well as website=https://www.poste.dz/, as these will become the brand:* tags.
I choose to tag Algérie Poste as brand, because Tag:amenity=post office states that brand=* is for the brand of the postal service provider and operator=* can be added if a company other than the postal service provider operates the post office facility.
Discussion on the Community Forum: https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/algerian-post-has-the-logo-as-image-tag/3301