Proposal:Conditions for restriction relations
|Conditions for restriction relations|
|Proposal status:||Rejected (inactive)|
|Tagging:||[[Key:if:<type of condition>|if:<type of condition>]]=[[Tag:if:<type of condition>=*|*]]|
|Definition:||an restriction relation only applies if all conditions are fulfilled|
Some restrictions do not apply universally, but are limited to certain vehicles, some days or even some times of the day. This proposal suggests a solution for tagging this.
Use this where a restriction only applies at certain times. The values should use the syntax defined for Key:opening_hours.
Example: A "no left turn" restriction that only applies from 6:00 to 8:00 and again from 15:00 to 17:00
type=restriction restriction=no_left_turn if:time=06:00-08:00, 15:00-17:00
Mode of transport
if:mode = <mode of transport>
Use this where only certain modes of transport (only hgvs, only buses, ...) are affected. The values are those that can also be used as keys for Key:access#Transport_mode_restrictions.
Example: "no u turn" for heavy goods vehicles
Evaluation of multiple conditions
If there is more than one "if" tag on the same relation, the restriction expressed by the relation is only active if all these "if" tags apply for the current situation.
These tags can be used for all restrictions that are mapped as relations. Currently, we only tag turn restrictions as relations. If this ever changes, the tags introduced by this proposal can also used for other relations.
For restrictions that are mapped as tags, this proposal cannot be used. Consider using Proposed features/Conditions for access tags instead.
There are other things that could affect whether a restriction applies or not. For example, the Conditions for access tags proposal includes special interest groups (such as forestry vehicles), darkness and wet roads. If someone finds an example for relations where these are needed, I'll add them to a sequel proposal.
Please use the talk page.
Please indicate whether you approve or oppose this tagging proposal. If you vote no, please also comment on the talk page and stay around for discussion so that there is a chance to improve the idea.
- I approve this proposal. --Tordanik 09:43, 23 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. already defined in the Key:access  --R-michael 11:35, 23 July 2011 (BST)
- This is a factually incorrect statement. access tags are not defined to be used on restriction relations, and most of them would not even make sense in this context. Please clarify and discuss on the talk page. --Tordanik 11:53, 23 July 2011 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --Dinamik 12:27, 23 July 2011 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --ABRob 16:11, 23 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. why create a prefix "if" when the tag applies to the relation anyway ? --Pieren 19:42, 23 July 2011 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. but I would like to see this extended for conditions as well ("in case of fog", "when road is wet", ...) --Dieterdreist 21:27, 23 July 2011 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --Zartbitter 14:27, 24 July 2011 (CEST)
- I oppose this proposal. --Foxxi59 14:52, 24 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. This proposal would bring tagging near to the programming.Then only nerds can work for OSM --aeonesa
- I oppose this proposal. I agree with R-michael & aeonesa. I already saw some restriction relations that use the key only=* to describe the mode of transportation. --Michi 17:17, 24 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. Turn restrictions already define except=* and time/date_on/off=* for this. The restriction relation could even be simplified, as a restriction from A via B to C is only allowed or disallowed and must not be tagged with any traffic signs. Traffic signs should be mapped seperatly, even if the use of restriction=* is the status quo now, this must not be extended. --Fabi2 00:22, 25 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. See comments made on talk page. --Csmale 21:02, 25 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. Not flexible enough. What about highway=pedestrian with access=delivery from 10:00-18:00? How does it fit with Proposed_features/parking:lane? --Bk 21:32, 25 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. For if:mode we already use only in conjunction to except and if:time should just be called time and stay to the opening_hours-format! IMHO day/hour_on/off has already been deprecated by opening_hours. --phobie m d 09:04, 26 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. IMHO there is a need for unified access rules, and this is definitely a step into the wrong direction. --BorisC 12:14, 27 July 2011 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. If there are more restrictions it is unclear which one is conditional + I agree with BorisC. --LM 1 00:45, 14 August 2011 (BST)