|This is a work in progress; feel free to improve and correct this proposal, or suggest ideas on the discussion page|
The goal of this tagging scheme is to get a simple mapping but also to give the means to relate a site area with related buildings, entries, information office, etc. The simple mapping would allow simple software to detect a single site area, so a renderer can label a name and place an icon.
Examples 'comme il faut':
Good practices (tbd.):
- Use historic=castle only once per site; avoid to tag every building as historic=castle
- Name can include "Schloss", e.g. "Schloss Hallwyl", since "Hallwyl" is also place name, a locality or even a village)
- Relations/Proposed/Site (relation type=site) abandoned, but used over 140,000 times on planet.
Keys, Tags, Schemes:
- Historic site (historic=yes): Pages Historic, ...
- Visual example of a complex site: DE:Tag:historic=castle#Wie_mappen?