|This is a work in progress; feel free to improve and correct this proposal, or suggest ideas on the discussion page|
The goal of this tagging scheme is to get a simple mapping without duplicate names and tags about the same entiry to include related buildings, entries, information office, etc. This tagging scheme would allow software to detect easily a single site area, so a renderer can label a name and place an icon.
Examples 'comme il faut':
As the name "Site Relation Type" suggests, this is about sites which are mapped
- at least, 1st., with a relation of type "type=site" (MUST), which holds the name tag and "main" tag (e.g. castle, hospital, stadium, university),
- and 2nd. with one member (MUST) of type geometry which places the label (role=label).
- In addition, 3rd, there MAY be other roles which can be buildings, entrances, etc..
- type=site - MANDATORY
- The main tag - whatever feature the site relation describes. E.g. historic=castle, historic=university, site=parking, power=plant
- name=* - The name of the feature
- other tags, mainly according to the main tag.
- role=label: Referencing any element which MUST contain a geometry where to draw the label (see also Relation:boundary#Relation_members)
- none - Anything you want to tag as part of the site. e.g. buildings, entrances, etc..
Good practices (tbd.):
- Use main tag, like historic=castle only once per site; avoid to tag every building as historic=castle.
- Name can include "Schloss", e.g. "Schloss Hallwyl", since "Hallwyl" is also place name, a locality or even a village)
- Renderers have to follow the member having the label role wich contains a geometry (e.g. a node but not necessarily).
- Castles got their own icon in default Carto style April 2018.
- University, Parking, and Plant
- Relations/Proposed/Site (relation type=site) abandoned, but used over 140,000 times on planet.
Keys, Tags, Schemes:
- Historic site (historic=yes): Pages Historic, ...
- Visual example of a complex site: DE:Tag:historic=castle#Wie_mappen?