Open Historical Map/Projects
Historical-Related OSM Projects
- Map of Historical objects: historic.place- An atlas of historic sites based on OSM
- HistOSM - An atlas of historic sites based on OSM, out of the University of Heidelberg (HistOSM.org Paper (de) - paper by Michael Auer and Alexander Zipf)
- Historic - OSM Wiki page on Historic sites in general
- OSM-4D (see German version -translation link on top- as English version needs more translation)
- Proposed_features/historic_event - Failed proposal for including events in the OSM database
- Open_Historical_Map/Quick_OHM_Map_Links - quick links to some of the projects listed below.
Projects that focus on building out the OHM infrastructure.
- Open Historical Map/Dates And Times - expanding support
Projects that focus on the minority/ethnic/gender/racial past.
- Open Historical Map/Projects/New York Capital District#Rapp Road (Historic_District)
- Open Historical Map/Projects/NYC#Seneca_Village
The following projects are distributed widely and not necessarily associated with standard geographic areas.
- Highways - Historic Highway Routes
- Waterways - Historic Waterways
- Ghost Tracks - Historic Motorsports Venues.
- Open Gravestones - A project to provide open burial data built on open standards
- Railway - Railroads/railways of the world.
- Stadiums - Stadiums and sports venues that are no longer with us
- World's Fairs - historical World's Fair Venues
- South Vietnam, especially names of administrative regions
- Muninn WW1 - WW1 Trench Geometries / Artillery emplacements.
- Roman Roads - Continent-wide route network of Roman Empire (routing demo)
- Roman Empire - map the Roman empire
- Open Historical Map/Projects/Indication Sketches – Cadastral map of Austria from 1826–1843
- Tartu - City from 1880-1960 based on snapshots from historical maps
- Helsinki 1907 - Transport routing at 1900
- Helsinki - City plan 1820
- Rennes - City of Rennes, France
- Germersheim - Development of Germersheim
- Lingenfeld - Development of Lingenfeld
- Trier - Development of Trier
- Land reclamation in the Netherlands - Evolution of the coastline of the Netherlands
- Panchevo - Development of Panchevo
- Thurgau - Projects in Thurgau
- 3D Buildings - Time enabled 3D mapping of buildings in Sweden.
- Stockholm Census Districts – Census districts in the city of Stockholm 1878–1926.
- Stockholm County Administrative Boundaries – Administrative boundaries in the county of Stockholm since 1850.
- Kyiv 1800 - 2000 - Kiev/Kyiv development of the urban morphology of the center of the capital of Ukraine.
- Derby - mapping the development of Derby
- London - mapping the development of London
- Scottish Boundaries - historical administrative units of Scotland
- Snow's Map - Soho at time of John Snow's Cholera work
- Trumpington - The architectural history of Trumpington. route
- American Civil War - Sites and events from the American Civil War
- Colonizing Trails West Routes of the mass migration west. (Wagon Roads)
- Lincoln Highway route of the first major transcontinental highway in the US
- Oregon Trail - to trace the route or routes of the migration west known as the Oregon Trail
- Railway - Railroads of North America
- Route 66 - to trace the route or routes of the transcontinental highway known as Route 66.
- US Post Offices - potential import of the Blevins-Helbock Historic Post Office Database
- Toronto - Development of Toronto and surroundings from the early 19th C to the present
- Santa Clara Valley (Santa Clara County, South Bay, San Jose, Silicon Valley, etc.)
- Evolution of Boston Bay shoreline since colonization
- Detroit - Development of Detroit and environs from the early 19th C to the present
- Burning Man - 2008 and 2009 maps of Burning Man festival from OSM
- New Hampshire - Mapping roads and buildings of the state of New Hampshire, from 1892 to today
- Long Island - some historic roads on Long Island, including the Long Island Motor Parkway.
- Capital District of New York - Changes to the Capital District of New York since the 1600s
- New York City - Historical Mapping efforts in NYC
- Cincinnati and vicinity
- Early Seattle - 19th C Seattle
- King County 1936 - 1936 aerial image of King County
- Sanderson's Map 1835 - 20 miles around Mansfield 1835
- Buenos Aires - Development of city in late 19th C, early 20th C. Initial city stripping prototype.
As yet unsorted
- Linked Data - Linked data show/use case and tagging proposal from OpenHistoricalMap.
- Open Historical Map/Projects/British Railways
- Open Historical Map/Projects/Native Lands native lands of the aboriginals/Tribes.
No one is working on these (yet). If you're not sure what you want to do in OHM, consider them.
- Tulsa's Black Wall Street as it was
- Defunct Confederate Memorials in the US
- Auto Trails Many highways in the old Auto Trails system need to be mapped