- To visit the page of the city Québec: Quebec City.
OpenStreetMap Portal for Québec
|latitude: 53.94, longitude: -71.80|
|Browse map of Québec 53°56′24.00″ N, 71°48′00.00″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Québec is a province in Canada at latitude 53°56′24.00″ North, longitude 71°48′00.00″ West.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under OpenStreetMap License.|
Quebec mapping project
If you're interested in contributing to mapping in Québec province, check the Québec OSM project page. Most contributions for Québec in this wiki are in French, so these pages will probably be more up to date: FR:Québec
A Sense of Scale
The Quebec roads total approximately 185,000 km. At a mapping speed of 5km/h, in groups of 10 people working 10 hours a day, this would necessitate 370 days of walking. If done on all 52 weekends of a year, that's 7,1 years.
- Motorway: autoroutes, including the two-lane ways where you can drive 100, and spur roads with 4xx, 5xx, 6xx or 9xx designations;
- Trunk: autoroute part of National Highway Service (federal) (NHS) that is not dual carriageway (ie: double central yellow line and not separated by grass). Good example is the autoroute 50 between Lachute and Gatineau as well as the 117 up to Ontario border.
- Primary: roads in the 100-199 range, or main roads in big cities;
- Secondary: roads in the 200-399 range, or main roads in big cities;
- Tertiary: roads to villages not lying along one of the previous mentioned roads; important roads in residential areas;
- Residential: other roads in residential areas;
- Unclassified: other roads outside residential areas;
- Service: small lanes / alleys giving access to individual building, parking lots, etc., ruelles (mostly in Montreal and parts of Quebec City )
- Lévis (inclus dans la région de la Capitale-nationale)
- Québec (Région de la ville de Québec ou région de la Capitale-nationale)
- Saguenay (Chicoutimi)
The Garmin MapSource (Windows) Installer file is available here http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tyizmo3ngj/OSM Routable Quebec 30 April 2010.exe created from the OSM download of the outline of the province from http://downloads.cloudmade.com/north_america/canada/quebec#downloads_breadcrumbs
- You can download the 1x2 Ibycus Topo which holds the GeoBase Import data which will eventually get imported to OpenStreetMap.
- As well as the 1 degree x 1 degree OSM tile