State of the Map Asia 2018
State of the Map Asia (SoTM Asia) 2018 is the annual conference held by OpenStreetMap Asian community, this year in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, 17-18 November. Contributors, developers, users and supporters from many Asian countries will participate and organise this event. More information may be found on the official website:
Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru (IIMB) Karnataka, India.
Code of conduct
Ideas and information are exchanged most effectively at the State of the Map Asia events in an atmosphere free of abuse or harassment, and characterized by courtesy and respect. To that end, the SotM Asia expects all individuals who attend to conduct themselves in a manner that establishes an atmosphere free from discriminatory practices. The full Code of Conduct is available here.
Same-sex sexual activity was illegal in India, until September 2018, when the Supreme Court struck down the law. There has been an annual LGBTQ Pride event in Bengaluru for at least 10 years.
Interested participants who need support to attend are requested to apply using SotM Asia official website. The deadline for application is May 11th 2018.
Information for travellers
- To apply for Indian visa, go through Ministry of Home Affairs website.
- Places to stay: check goibibo and Makemytrip for nearest hotels
External links for tourism
- Tourist attraction places in Bengaluru, today's capital of Karnataka State.
- Tourist attraction places in Mysore, the former royal capital in Karnataka State.
- Karnataka tourism.
- Bangalore on Wikivoyage.
- Join the slack group. For getting involved in the organizing join the slack channel #blr2018-talk or volunteer on an open issue.
- Follow updates on Twitter @SotmAsia and @osm_in