Jump to navigation Jump to search
|water = reflecting_pool|
|A shallow pool of water, undisturbed by fountain jets, for a calm reflective surface, often found in gardens, squares or at memorial sites|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag water=reflecting pool is used with natural=water to map a reflecting pool: a water feature found in gardens, squares, and at memorial sites, which consists of a shallow pool of water, undisturbed by fountain jets, for a calm reflective surface.
How to Map
Draw the reflecting pool outline. If there is an island in the reflecting pool, you may need to create a multipolygon relation.
Add natural=water and water=reflecting_pool.
Tags used in combination
- name=* - if the reflecting pool has a commonly used name
- landuse=reservoir or water=reservoir - A reservoir or an artificial lake is used to store water. Usually formed by a dam over a natural water course, water then backs up into a natural valley or depression.
- landuse=basin or water=basin - an area of land artificially graded to hold water.
- water=lake + natural=water for a natural or semi-natural lake
- water=moat - A moat: A deep, wide defensive ditch, normally filled with water, dug to surround a fortified habitation.