Jump to navigation Jump to search
|water = moat|
|A deep, wide defensive ditch, normally filled with water, dug to surround a fortified habitation.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a deep, wide defensive ditch, normally filled with water, dug to surround a fortified habitation.
How to Map
Draw the moat outline. If there is an island which is completely surrounded by the moat, you may need to create a multipolygon relation.
Tags used in combination
- name=* - if the moat has a commonly used name
- intermittent=yes - if the moat is intermittently filled with water
- landuse=reservoir or water=reservoir - A reservoir or an artificial lake is used to store water. Usually formed by a dam over a natural water course, water then backs up into a natural valley or depression.
- landuse=basin or water=basin - an area of land artificially graded to hold water.
- water=lake + natural=water for a natural or semi-natural lake
- water=reflecting_pool - A reflecting pool: a water feature found in gardens, parks, and at memorial sites. It usually consists of a shallow pool of water, undisturbed by fountain jets, for a calm reflective surface.
- water=canal - the water area of a canal, a man-made channel for water. Contains a waterway=canal way inside.
- water=ditch - the water area of a ditch, a simple narrow artificial waterway, used to drain nearby land. Contains a waterway=ditch way inside.
- water=drain - the water area of a drain, an artificial waterway used for carrying superfluous water, lined with concrete or similar. Contains a waterway=drain way inside.
- castle_type=* - for different types of castles which may be (partially) surrounded by a moat.