Proposed features/aeroway gate
|The Feature Page for the approved proposal aeroway gate is located at Tag:aeroway=gate.|
|Rendered as:||Proposal for rendering gate numbers on map|
aeroway=gate ref=gatenumber or gatename on nodes
Airports got often bizarre system to number their gates and most of the times it is hard to find a map of the airport on-line. They are easy to tag with Yahoo Imagery or even GPS when you stand by the window. For gates where you will have to go in to the bus first, the place in the terminal where you will have to wait for the bus should be tagged.
Just plain text though maybe in a square at zoom 17 and 18 (Mapnik). See also see the render I made of Schiphol.
- Makes sense, looking forward to vote. Is the gate-number then ref=B12 or name=B12? I'd prefer ref. -- Fröstel 12:07, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- I used ref in the example aswell, it makes more sense to me. --Skywave 14:12, 29 February 2008 (UTC)
- Some clarification is required here. Speaking from a UK viewpoint, what you see from Yahoo imagery are not gates but stands (also known as air-bridges sometimes). The points inside the terminal which passengers pass through for final boarding are gates. The stands are numbered in sequence, but the gates numbers will seem strange sometimes because you can get one gate sharing several stands and one stand sharing several gates. Also from imagery you can spot stands attached the terminal building, but remote stands (where you get coached out to) will be hard to find especially if no plane was parked up at the time. So errors/confusion may occur if you assume stand/gate numbering match. --Netman55 16:20, 01 April 2008 (UTC)
- Intention is that know the airport from the back of you hand and then use the yahoo imagery or GPS to give the location. The actual location of an remote stand is not what is meant with this proposal as mentioned in the proposal (bus stand i called them). With an remote stand, the gate in the terminal itself, from which you will board the bus should be tagged. In case of multiple gates you could tag with something like gate 2-5 or gate 2,7 or at least that it will be clear that there are multiple gate numbers on one location.
- I approve this proposal. --Hawke 02:45, 30 March 2008 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --Colin Marquardt 04:11, 30 March 2008 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --David Sharnoff 23:02, 29 March 2008 (PDT)
- I approve this proposal. --Cartinus 07:50, 30 March 2008 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. ----Walley 21:54, 30 March 2008 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --Franc 00:19, 31 March 2008 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --Skywave 19:32, 31 March 2008 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --MikeCollinson 10:25, 1 April 2008 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --Ckruetze 21:05, 1 April 2008 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --PaulHurleyUK 18:56, 9 April 2008 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. I would more generic tag. For example some big bus stations have gates too. --Jttt 19:07, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Bahnpirat 06:49, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. -- Uboot 16:21, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
This proposal has been Approved