|amenity = dentist|
|A dentist practice / surgery.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A place where a professional dental surgeon ("dentist") who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions on oral care is stationed.
How to map
If the extent of the dentist facility is uncertain, use the tag amenity=dentist on a node placed around where the facility is. If the dentist is the sole occupier of a building, with no grounds like a dedicated carpark then use the amenity=dentist on a closed way (area) drawn around the perimeter of the building. If the dentist facility occupies grounds including a building, carpark, etc. then tag on closed way (area) around the whole grounds, potentially with a building=* way inside.
Tags to use in combination
- healthcare=dentist – a dentist practice / surgery
- amenity=doctors – a physician's office (medical doctor)
- amenity=clinic – a medical or multi-speciality clinic
- amenity=hospital – an inpatient medical centre (hospital)
- healthcare=* – other healthcare-related features
- shop=dentures – shop where dentures (false teeth) are made and fitted