|amenity = grave_yard|
|A place where people (or sometimes animals) are buried which is close to a place of worship.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
To mark places where people, or sometimes animals are buried which is close to a amenity=place_of_worship. For a burial ground which is separate from a place of worship for regular services use landuse=cemetery. You can add religion=* and denomination=* tags for more information.
The whole area or campus, containing the grave yard, the religious building (place_of_worship), buildings for staff residence or education, bell towers, workshops, etc., can be tagged landuse=religious.
- cemetery=sector (proposed for a sector in a larger grave yard: many public cemeteries are not specific to a single religion, but specific sectors may be dedicated for a religion or denomination, or protected as historical memorials, with their own distinctive name)
- cemetery=grave (proposed for a single grave, possibly isolated or in a grave yard)
- historic=tomb + tomb=* (for structures where people have been buried)
- historic=memorial + memorial=*
- historic=archaeological_site + site_type=necropolis, site_type=catacombs, or site_type=tumulus