Jump to navigation Jump to search
|cemetery = grave|
|To map a place dug into the ground for the burial of a corpse, often marked with a gravestone|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A grave is a place dug into the ground for the burial of a corpse, often marked with a gravestone. In areas where grave location/inscription is considered private information, please map only significant and notable graves.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- wikipedia=*, wikidata=* – link to the Wikipedia article or Wikidata item about the grave itself
- subject:wikidata=* – link to the Wikidata item about the buried person(s)
- historic=tomb - for historical tombs, e.g., barrows, pyramids, rock tombs. While a grave is a place dug into the ground for the burial of a corpse, a tomb is a built structure.
- Limitations on mapping private information (graves were listed as example as nonmappable and removed after discussion on talk page)
- Situation varies across world, see for example how GDPR regulation may or may not apply to information about dead people