|landuse = cemetery|
|Used to mark a cemetery area|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
This tag is used for a cemetery that isn't close to a place of worship. In most (European) countries, there is a difference between amenity=grave_yard and landuse=cemetery. Cemeteries are usually independent of places of worship (e.g. military cemeteries), while grave yards are usually the yard of a place of worship.
How to map
Draw the outline of the area which will include the graves, footways, service roads and even inner green spaces as it is very likely that they will be used for future graves. Do not include the nearby parking areas.
- landuse=religious - land for religious purposes, that are not cemeteries
- historic=tomb (and subtags for tomb=* on Proposed_features/tombs#Subtagging_types)
- historic=archaeological_site and site_type=necropolis
- cemetery=sector - for tagging sectors of cemeteries (proposed)
- Proposal cemetery sector: Proposed_features/Cemetery_sector
See also the german page(de)
Common/Possible Tagging Mistakes