|barrier = wicket_gate
|a pedestrian door or gate built into a wall or fence near a larger gate
|Used on these elements
|Status: in use
|Tools for this tag
A wicket gate is a pedestrian door or gate, particularly one built into a larger door or into a wall or fence near a larger gate. It may also be a stand-alone gate that provides convenient secondary access, for example to the rear of a walled park or garden
How to map
- Add the tag barrier=wicket_gate to a node located at the center of the gate. Usually this node should be part of a barrier=wall or barrier=fence.
- Some mappers make a short line with two nodes to show the exact width of the gate, instead.
- barrier=gate - a non-specific tag for all types of gates, typically used also for pedestrian-only gates.
- barrier=stile - a pedestrian crossing of a fence or wall which requires climbing steps or a ladder over the barrier.
- barrier=turnstile - a pedestrian entrance with a rotating metal barrier which allows one person at a time to enter
- on Wikipedia