Jump to navigation Jump to search
|building = kiosk|
|A small one room retail building, with clients not entering the building.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
building=kiosk is a small one-room building, usually made of non-masonry material (metal, wood, plastic, glass etc). It often used for selling small goods (shop=kiosk) or for some service provision (shoe repair, information, key cutting etc). Such buildings do not have inner room for clients, all interactions are made through the window on facade. Notice that this tag describes building type and not its use or assortment; use shop=* and craft=* in addition.
How to map
Map the building and add the tag building=kiosk.
Add tag that describes purpose of the building, e.g.:
- shop=kiosk for general type of kiosk with wide assortment.
- shop=tobacco for specialized tobacco kiosks.
- shop=ticket for kiosks selling tickets on bus stations.
- craft=key_cutter for key cutter kiosks.
- tourism=information + information=office for information kiosks.
- abandoned:shop=kiosk (or with other shop value) may be used if shop is permanently closed down but remains such as sign are still present
- building:levels=1 as it is one-level building
- building:material=* to specify facade material
|A German kiosk.|
- building=guardhouse — for similar small buildings that are built to house security guards.