|shop = tobacco|
|A shop selling tobacco, and possibly other convenience items|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A store that sells tobacco and smoking accessories. It might also sell other convenience items, such as magazines, newspapers, sweets and stamps.
How to map
- operator=* - operator
- website=* - Website
- phone=* - Phonenumber
- opening_hours=* - opening hours
- lottery=yes - if they sell also lottery tickets
- authorization=* to indicate the reseller number (if known)
- stamps=yes - whether they sell revenue stamps
- salt=yes - whether they sell salt (from Italian Wiki - Discuss: Talk:Tag:shop=tobacco)
- Use shop=kiosk for kiosks, i.e. small structures on the pavement selling magazines, tobacco, newspapers, sweets and stamps.
- Use shop=newsagent for shops that sell newspapers and magazines, and sometimes convenience items.
- Use shop=e-cigarette for shops that sell only electronic cigarettes.
The keys tobacco=yes (used more often but the meaning is not documented or inherent) or sells:tobacco=yes (used rarely but has clear semantics) can be added to places that sell tobacco, but are not considered tobacco shops because they fall into a different typology and the sale of tobacco is not their main activity (e.g. a kiosk, a bar, a grocery store, a restaurant, ...).