|line = bay|
|A power line within a substation which connects a circuit to a busbar|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Each bay typically includes circuit breakers, disconnectors, instrument transformers and surge arresters. It is suggested not to tag all these individual components. However, the circuit breaker may optionally be tagged as a switch.
|power||line||Defines this as a generic power line.||mandatory|
|line||bay||Identifies the line as a bay||mandatory|
|cables||<3,6,..>||Normally bays should be mapped individually per circuit. However, if for some reasons the mapped represents more than one circuit this should be indicated using the cables tag, e.g cables=6 for two bays.||recommended|
|voltage||<voltage>||The voltage of the bay||recommended|
- Substation components
A typical substation comprises at least the following components:
Cyan: Power line
Green: Switches etc
Purple: Busbar assembly
- line=busbar - Identifies a power line as a busbar, the central connection in a substation
- power=substation - A facility which controls the flow of electricity in a power network with transformers, switchgear or compensators.
- power=transformer - A device for stepping up or down electric voltage. Large power transformers are typically located inside substations
- power=switch - A device which allows electrical network operators to power up & down lines and transformers in substations or along the power grid.
- power=portal - A supporting structure for power lines, composed of vertical legs with cables between them attached to a horizontal crossarm