|military = danger_area|
|A danger area is a restricted area posing a threat to life or property.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A danger area denotes a zone
- (inherently) posing a threat, or
- being a theater of activities
that are or might be
- detrimental to health or life of humans or animals, or
- potentially damaging property.
Danger areas usually comprise large buffer zones surrounding (possibly historical) sites posing the actual risks, such as (military) shooting or bombing ranges, or the vicinity of nuclear accidents (e. g. ). Depending on the risks the perimeter of danger areas are usually (legally) required to be cordoned off, or at least signs have to be posted at all paths leading to it.
Entering danger areas is typically prohibited or restricted to staying on roads only. Provided the danger originates from firing live ammunition, danger areas must not be crossed as there is a risk of unexploded ordnances.
How to map
|In some territories publishing information about military facilities is a punishable offense and researching (scouting) those could qualify as espionage.|
- military=danger_area mandatory
- landuse=military (described in past as mandatory, in practice military=danger_area is frequently used to tag nonmilitary areas like shooting ranges)
- military_service=* (if applicable)
- name=* (if applicable)
|Danger area in general||Military|
|E.g. contamination with
|E.g. military shooting range|