Jump to navigation Jump to search
|natural = gully|
|Small scale cut in relief created by water erosion|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A gully is a small scale land form (a few to a few tens of meters) incised into surrounding terrain through erosion by flowing water. Seeon wikipedia for more information.
How to map
Draw a way along the course of the gully from top to bottom.
This tag should not be used for:
- larger valleys or stable relief forms with no fresh signs of erosion - use natural=valley instead.
- man-made ditches - use barrier=ditch
- natural rock faces, cliffs or rocky slopes - use natural=cliff
- large steep relief edges due to larger scale erosion - use natural=earth_bank
- man-made embankments - use man_made=embankment