Proposed features/Mudflat hiking
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Definition:||A mudflat hiking route.|
Mudflat hiking routes are tagged as route=mudflat_hiking on ways or as a relation. The ways of the route which leading over the mudflat (tidal flat) are not tagged with any highway=* tag. The route is mapped quite coarse since it is subject to changes over time.
Mudflat hiking is a recreation for experienced mudflat hikers or together with tour guides. The difficulty and experience may be comparable to alpine trails with sac_scale=demanding_alpine_hiking.
A new value for the route key (mudflat_hiking) is used because:
- Mudflat hiking route has no physical feature so there is no possibility to mark the unique dangers of mudflat hiking on the way like sac_scale=* does.
- Sub-tagging hiking routes (e.g. route=hiking+hiking=mudflat) is not used because mudflat hiking is quite different than normal hiking with no visible trails and unique dangers.
Verifiability is possible by using GPS-Traces and looking after so called / which are used as markers.
Currently existing highway=*
See Proposal section.
Some other tags might be considered but are not part of this proposal:
- surface=* on the way for the surface of different sections (e.g. mud or sand).
- tidal=yes on the way for parts of the route which are affected by tide, i.e. or not on dry land.
- seasonal=* on the way/route for if a section/the route is not possible/forbidded during some time in the year. E.g. because of breeding animals.
- description=* on the way/route for additional information.
- survey:date=* for the last on-the-ground survey.
- seamark:type=beacon_lateral + seamark:beacon_lateral:category=port/starboard + seamark:beacon_lateral:shape=perch. / are tagged as
Please comment on the discussion page.