|route = snowmobile|
|A signed snowmobile route|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Snowmobile winter routes are used for recreational activities and or to connect villages and let access nordic areas hardly accessible in other seasons. It can use roads closed during snow season, cross rivers and lakes. In some countries, government and snowmobile clubs manage these roads and install road signalisation with ref symbols. These snowmobile routes consist of multiple different ways (in many cases, but not neccessarily highway=path) or highway=track). In some cases, same way is shared by multiple routes. In almost all cases, every underlying way has different name than the route. The route relation is used to combine all relevant ways into continuous route.
This tag should not be used for informal, private or club routes which are not signed.
Members of the route-relation may have (among others) the following roles:
The following tags should be used:
- name=* - name
- ref=* - reference number
- network=* - name of the network (local/regional/national)
- distance=* - the official length of the complete route
- lanes=* - number of classic xc lanes
- colour=* - HTML colour code
- website=* - url of a website especially with infomation about actual snow conditions