Jump to navigation Jump to search
|shop = locksmith|
|A shop where you can get keys cut|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A locksmith is a shop where you can get keys cut. They are usually small highstreet shops. May also sell new locks, and offer other services for repair, assembly and design of locks.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- name=* the name of the shop
- operator=* indicates the name of the company operating the shop
- opening_hours=* hours of opening
- wheelchair=* suitable for wheelchairs
- shop=hardware - A shop where you can buy screws and bolts, nails, hooks and other metal materials as well as metal tools. Can include a range of products building, electrical, plumbing supplies. Hardware shops may include a side-line in locks, keys, and even key-cutting services, but where a shop is primarily for this, it would be tagged locksmith instead.
- craft=* - Relatively new tagging scheme. A whole key for shops where people *do* a "craft"
- craft=locksmith - A different tag for a locksmiths. No distinction. Following this newer tagging idea that the "shop" key is just for things selling products.
- craft=key_cutter - A different tag for a place where keys are cut... which is pretty much also overlapping with a locksmiths shop