|shop = lottery|
|A shop of which the main or only purpose is the sale of lottery tickets.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop of which the main or only purpose is the sale of lottery tickets.
Customers might take part in the lottery by either handing in lottery forms out of which a prize is drawn later, or by buying Scratchcards.
Dedicated lottery shops are common in some countries, such as Spain and Brazil. In many other countries, lottery tickets are not bought in dedicated lottery shops, but for instance in shop=newsagent or shop=kiosk, then use lottery=yes instead.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- name=* (or noname=yes if it has no name)
This tag has overlap with the following tags:
- shop=bookmaker: A shop that takes bets on sporting and other events at agreed upon odds.
- amenity=gambling: A place for gambling, not being a bookmaker, lottery shop, casino, or adult gaming centre.
- shop=newsagent: A shop primarily selling newspapers, and magazines, which might also sell lottery tickets. Such shops might even be named after a lottery, such as German 'Lottoladen', but should still be tagged as shop=newsagent. An example of a German Lottoladen: http://www.hit.de/regional/partner_image/071/071_Lotto_Shop.jpg
- leisure=amusement_arcade: A venue with pay-to-play games.
- leisure=adult_gaming_centre: A venue with gambling machines.
- amenity=casino: A gambling venue with at least one table game.
- vending=lottery: A vending machine for lottery tickets.