|shop = car|
|A place that primarily sells cars (automobiles)|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Car dealerships (that primarily sell a certain brand of car) and used car lots would also use this tag.
For a long time there was a suggestion to use this tag also for shops that sell buses or trucks, while in more recent discussions on the tagging ML a preference for more specific tag was expressed (most used combination as of 12/2019 is shop=truck.
How to map
Note: the shop outline can either be defined as just the main shop building (combined with building=*) or the entire premises, including outdoor areas such as where cars are displayed for sale and customer parking (combine with landuse=retail).
Tags to use in combination
- second_hand=yes / second_hand=no / second_hand=only
- name=* - The primary name: in general, the most prominent signposted name or the most common name in the local language(s)
- payment=* - Defines if a certain payment method is accepted or not
- operator=* - Сompany, corporation, person or any other entity who is directly in charge of the current operation of a map object
- addr=* - Address
- website=* - Specifying the link to the official website for a feature
- phone=* - A telephone number associated with the object
- opening_hours=* - Describes when something is open or closed (there is a specific standard format for this data)
- wheelchair=* - Indicate if a special place can be used with wheelchairs
List of similar tags related to vehicles.
- shop=car_repair - A business where cars are repaired
- shop=car_parts - A place selling auto parts, auto accessories, motor oil, car chemicals, etc.
- shop=car_detail - A business which details cars (paint, decals etc)
- amenity=car_rental - A place from which cars can be rented
- shop=motorcycle - A shop that sells motorcycles and/or related accessories and services
- shop=motorcycle_repair - A place where you can get your motorcycles repaired
- shop=truck - A dealer that primarily sells trucks (heavy goods vehicles)
- shop=caravan - A shop for caravans, motorhomes & similar recreational vehicles
- shop=trailer - A shop that sells trailers, related accessories and services
- shop=atv - A shop that sells ATVs (Quads) and related accessories and services