Jump to navigation Jump to search
|shop = car_repair|
|A business where cars are repaired.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop/service that primarily repairs cars/automobiles (usually independent of a specific car brand). These are also known as auto mechanics or garages. Some may sell gasoline/petrol - this should be mapped separately as amenity=fuel.
If the shop specializes in certain kinds of service or repair, this can be noted. The most common way that is noted currently is with the tag service=*. Multiple values can be semi-colon delimited (i.e. service=oil;tyre;glass).
How to map
Set a node or draw as an area along the shop outline. Tag it with shop=car_repair and name=*.
Tags used in combination
- operator=* - Operator
- brand=* - Brand
- service=dealer;repair;parts;tyres;electrical;glass;body (may be combined with a Semi-colon_value_separator).
An undiscussed [] change to the ID editor lead to the creation of service:vehicle:*. The reason for this decision was apparently that service=* leads to conflicts.
- addr:*=* - Address details
- website=* - Website
- phone=* - Phone number
- opening_hours=* - Opening hours
shop=car brand=Tesla;Ferrari;AMG opening_hours=*
- craft=saddler - A place where saddles or accessories for cars and boats are produced or repaired
- craft=lacquerer / craft=car_varnisher / service:vehicle:painting=yes - A place where cars or accessories are varnished
- shop=car - A place that primarily sells cars (automobiles)
- shop=car_parts - A place selling auto parts, auto accessories, motor oil, car chemicals, etc.
- shop=car_detail - A business which details cars (paint, decals etc)
- shop=tyres - A place selling automotive (car) tyres
- amenity=vehicle_inspection - Government vehicle inspection
- shop=motorcycle - motorcycle:repair=yes / no
- shop=bicycle - service:bicycle:repair=yes / no