From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|site_type = fortification|
|Fortification - archaeological site made of stone walls and earth walls|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
are archaeological sites made of earth walls and stone walls. They are military constructions or buildings designed for the defense of territories in warfare, and also used to solidify rule in a region during peace time.
How to Map
- fortification_type=* - type of fortification
Tags to use in combination
- wikipedia=* - a link to Wikipedia's article
- wikidata=* - an ID of the specific Wikidata item about this fortification (if any)
- historic:civilization=* (or more precise subtags) - the civilization (culture) that originally created the feature
- heritage=* - fortification is registered by an official heritage organisation.
- tourism=attraction - if it is a tourist attraction.