Jump to navigation Jump to search
|usage = irrigation|
|Specifies a waterway which carries water intended for agriculture|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Artificial waterways which bring water to agriculture fields or facilities may be tagged with usage=irrigation
- Add to a way which is also tagged as a waterway=canal feature
- Some mappers have also used this tag with waterway=ditch – however this is controversial, because waterway=ditch was originally defined as carrying away superfluous water.
- irrigation=yes was the first tag used, starting it 2011.
As of May 2019, it has been used 200 times with canals and 2000 times with ditches.
Most of these tags were added between 2011 and 2013.
- service=irrigation was used starting in 2012,
as as of May 2019 is used 12,000 times,
twice as often as usage=irrigation, however, usage=irrigation is increasing quickly.
- A couple hundred canals are tagged canal=irrigation