- I think it's far more detailed and probably a better job. A few rough edges, which I've left comments on. The terminology might be a bit specialised for the normal user, and this tag currently has over a thousand uses in the db. I've undone your edit marking this as outdated because it describes current database contents, but I have updated with the equivalent social_facility=*-schema version for those with specialist knowledge. Automatic, bot-based migration is probably a bad idea right now since nursing_home muddies the distinctions of who a facility is :for, and whether it's a group_home or assisted_living. --achadwick 12:33, 11 November 2010 (UTC)
This tag should not be deprecated
My view is that it is in widespread use , and continues to provide a convenient alternative to the "Social Facility" approach, with the great advantage of being straightforward, and using familiar terminology. Please remove the "deprecated" entry, or at least explain why it has been added, when this tag has more than 8,000 entries compared to 17 for "social_facility = nursing home".
This issue raised, when keepright warned that this tag is deprecated:
I passed the question to the forum and the owner of keepright: http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=20248
--User:Pherison 17:45, 3 March 2013 (CET)
Pherison, thanks for the information on the background to your change. It is now fixed here and on the deprecated features page. I believe keepright will also pick this up.
It is rendered in OSM Carto. Does anyone know where to find the svg icon? maro21 18:39, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- The icon for this dot: ? ==> svg--MalgiK (talk) 19:00, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- Oh, I've just noticed that there is a link to File:Social amenity darken 80-16.svg. But I can't see it, the svg doesn't display. Is it a local problem with my browser? Can you see it? maro21 20:55, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- Ok, I know why. It was blocked by my AdBlock. But what could be the reason? On File:Social amenity darken 80-16.svg is blocked but on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/a/ad/Social_amenity_darken_80-16.svg isn't. maro21 21:04, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
Which building tag?
- The building tag should always describe as what the building was purpose-built. If the is an old manor which is now used as a nursing home, you should use building=manor, for example. BTW, please consider using tag amenity=social_facility + social_facility=nursing_home --Polarbear w (talk) 14:14, 6 October 2021 (UTC)