why use "man_made=works" ?
- I think it collide with "building=industrial", "building=factory" and "landuse=industrial" and i propose to "delete" this Tag.
Or why should we use this Tag?
cptechnik - Peter Coenen - Windeck (talk) 22:06, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- No, there is no "collission", at most there is some redundancy (but actually there isn't real redundancy, because landuse=industrial is about industrial landuse and includes storage and distribution, while works is only about a production facility). Building is not about a whole plant but about a single building. --Dieterdreist (talk) 11:15, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- Currently I would suggest to try to avoid using this "man_made" tag in favour of industrial=* which seems fairly consistent also as a self standing tag, not necessarily a landuse=industrial subtag. sorcrosc (talk) 15:02, 7 October 2017 (UTC)
waterworks and public works
It seems that wikipedia:waterworks and wikipedia:Public works fall in this category, although the icon used looks like it could be 'industrial'
(this page also needs to be cleaned-up)
- (I moved this discussion from the tag page to this discussion page, but I do not agree). --Dieterdreist (talk) 11:22, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- Under the current definition as proposed (production) waterworks won't fit under this key. Maybe something like man_made=public_works would fit better? --Dieterdreist (talk) 11:22, 4 March 2014 (UTC)