Jump to navigation Jump to search
Datacenter capacity (power)
Some datacenters are open about how much power they have available for customer usage. Is it worth capturing that data? --Dónal (talk) 22:25, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
Datacenters use a mix of different cooling technologies (airconditioning, water cooling, forced air, etc). Is it worthy of mapping? --Dónal (talk) 22:27, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
Details about center and not centre
As correct term in British English is data centre instead of data center, why has this page been created with data center @Russss:? Fanfouer (talk) 18:15, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
- This tag was relatively widespread with the "data_center" spelling before I created this page - I think it was popularised by New Cloud Atlas. I didn't invent this tag, I merely documented it.
- In my experience, the American spelling is about as common as the British spelling in the UK internet business, and I would normally spell it "data center". I expect (and Google Trends seems to confirm) that the "data center" spelling is significantly more prevalent among English speakers worldwide, so I don't see any reason to consider switching.
- -- Russss (talk) 18:48, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for inputs. I update the Telecoms page accordingly Fanfouer (talk) 20:53, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
- The part about data centre/center usage in UK business is relevant. Google trends which doens't seem UK specific is not. Otherwise we should write admin_center, color, etc... --Nospam2005 (talk) 19:11, 16 July 2021 (UTC)
move discussion to Telecom
I propose that we delete this talk page and move the discussion over to Talk:Telecoms to defragment the interactions. -Bkil (talk) 21:01, 18 May 2022 (UTC)