Jump to navigation Jump to search
Datacenter capacity (power)
Details about center and not centre
- This tag was relatively widespread with the "data_center" spelling before I created this page - I think it was popularised by New Cloud Atlas. I didn't invent this tag, I merely documented it.
- In my experience, the American spelling is about as common as the British spelling in the UK internet business, and I would normally spell it "data center". I expect (and Google Trends seems to confirm) that the "data center" spelling is significantly more prevalent among English speakers worldwide, so I don't see any reason to consider switching.
- -- Russss (talk) 18:48, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for inputs. I update the Telecoms page accordingly Fanfouer (talk) 20:53, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
- The part about data centre/center usage in UK business is relevant. Google trends which doens't seem UK specific is not. Otherwise we should write admin_center, color, etc... --Nospam2005 (talk) 19:11, 16 July 2021 (UTC)