Hi Fanfouer, did you draw the image File:Franch_local_substation.png? Or from where do you got it?
If it is from http://www.infos-reseaux.com/photos/image/122-poste-de-transformation-basse-tension the license is not right (and it would need to have the author and source be mentioned). However, it seems we do not have the license in this wiki (Template:CC-by-nc-nd-2.0) which is mentioned on the page footer (and I am not sure if it also applies to the images). --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 19:39, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. Yes I'm the drawer and the URL you've mentioned is the original one.
- Indeed, I didn't find the exact license which match mine (CC BY-SA 3.0) but I've put my name at the bottom right corner.
- I don't see any argument against this kind of use in OSM since my name and my website is written on the image but feel free to improve this if you want.
- In the meantime, I realise I mistyped "French" with "Franch". Please, could you rename the file ? I feel very ashamed by such a mistake :s
- Cheers Fanfouer (talk) 21:50, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for the fast reply! If you did draw the image (if you are the author) then you can do whatever you like with it. You are also right that you can also use different licenses on different sites. Yes,OpenStreetMap seems to only have licenses which do not restrict modification or commercial use.
- It would be good if you would mention on the file page that you did draw the images, then it would be clear (to others like me) that you did not just copy the image from the mentioned website. By the way: I would think it is nicer if you would put your name and website (if you like) only on the file page but not inside the image. That distracts from the image.
- I have renamed (moved) the file and replaced the file name in the two pages which used it.
- A good drawing! --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 00:11, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
- You're welcome. I've updated the picture without any written reference but the URL is given in the description. Fanfouer (talk) 08:50, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
Split of the "Power Transmission Refinement Proposal"
I think, you made a little mistake, while splitting the discussion page of the aforementioned proposal. The case of the South Bridge in Cologne should be part of the new "Power Support Proposal". I would change it myself, but I'm new to wiki-editing etc. and so I thought, I'll just let you know of the problem. Maybe you could move that section?
- Hi Toga no problem.
- I didn't have time to think about the Cologne Bridge, taht's why I moved it into the new path proposal.
- I'll move once I will have find a solution. Cheers Fanfouer (talk) 22:47, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Reneman, no SVG for the moment because I've finally edited the result with Paint.Net. But the base graphic (mast and antennas) is from Illustrator so I will save it to SVG and propagate the bitmap edition to the vectorial base soon. Keep following the file ;) Fanfouer (talk) 17:04, 3 May 2015 (UTC)
Images save in... ???
Hello. See your pretty File:Street cabinet friendship.jpg, it has no License. :-(
Please read: Wiki Help#Include images from Wikimedia Commons and DE:Wiki Übersetzung#Bilder im Wiki (only in German, sorry). I would like to say: Your files:
- File:French power distribution RAS.jpg
- File:French distribution line with transition.jpg
- File:Power tower medium voltage line.jpg
Bonjour, votre/ta dernière modification de la page est physiquement correcte (on transforme de l'énergie, on n'en crée pas) mais ambigüe : power=plant ne concerne pas les transformateurs. Tant dans la version anglaise que dans le langage courant on parle de production. Pourquoi ne pas dire production d'électricité ou de chaleur avec des générateurs ? C'est équivalent à la version anglaise mais plus précis.
- Merci pour le signalement, qui m'a permis en tout premier lieu de simplifier la description de power=transformer puisque ces appareils transforment une tension électrique et pas l'énergie en elle-même.
- J'ai modifié la page des centrales à nouveau pour parler d'une production de ressources (électricité, chaleur, gaz, froid...) et indiqué que power=transformer n'était pas adapté dans ce contexte. Fanfouer (talk) 17:02, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
Confusing edits to Waterways page
Hi, I do not understand what the text you added in this edit is about, and it seems very confusing to mention highly specialized information about "Free flow and Pipe flow" right in the middle of a section about mapping rivers and such. Can you perhaps revisit this to make it more understandable, and move it into its own section on the page? --Tordanik 14:33, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
- That's right, a part of the original text is missing. Give me a couple of hours to correct it Fanfouer (talk) 16:56, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
- Update done, hope it's clearer and relevent Fanfouer (talk) 20:00, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
Need FR help with long descriptions
Hi, I was migrating key/tag descriptions to the new Data items, and noticed there are some French wiki pages with descriptions longer than 250 characters. Could you help make them shorter? Without it, iD editor will show strange truncated version. Also, please make sure there are no wiki markup in the description. (Feel free to help with the English ones too if you have time) Thanks!!! --Yurik (talk) 17:36, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, glad you come here to ask for help. Should I edit the description on the wiki page or on the data item directly? Indeed, some descriptions need a bit of cleaning. All the best Fanfouer (talk) 21:12, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Fanfouer wiki pages will be enough - I will run the bot to update data items automatically. Hopefully some day we will just get rid of all the wiki page parameters (they automatically can be loaded from the data items anyway). --Yurik (talk) 21:47, 15 February 2019 (UTC)