- lokal mapping Bodenseekreis and Landkreis_Ravensburg
- global mapping with areal imagery (mainly waterways and systems)
- GPS: Garmin eTrex H
- Camera: CASIO Exilim
- MP3-player: Samsung YP-U1
- walking: photo mapping
- cycling: photo and audio mapping
- by car: audio mapping
JOSM with some Pluggins
I've written some tools to analyse osm data.
python scripts to check relations and do some statistics:
I've put some generally useful tools to github: 
- relation2gpx.py to export relations to gpx tracks
- osmhistory.py to download older versions of osm-objects
- multipolygon.py to parse multipolygons and do is-in-polygon checks
This repository contains a some other basic tools to work with osm data.
special OSM topics
From time to time I cleanup/improve the relations in OSM.
- fixing typos and incomplete relation definitions using my relation type checks
- cleanup of empty relations
waterways and river systems
I've written the proposal of relation:waterway tagging. Currently I'm working on improving the mapping of rivers.
Taginfo with statistic pictogram