User talk:Kmpoppe/Automated Edits/Mapillary Update
community by-in ?
- Does User:Kmpoppe/Automated_Edits/Mapillary_Update#How_are_the_changes_done.3F fit what you thought?
- This automated edit was announced on the tagging mailing list last year and this wiki page documented at that stage that most changesets will only have one change. There were no objections as far as I can tell. Discostu36 (talk) 07:28, 12 October 2022 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. I don't know if we vote on bulk edits, but I believe this is a good thing, and trust you to do it responsibly. --CjMalone (talk) 14:36, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for your confidence, CjMalone, makes it worth while! --Kai M. Poppe (talk) 05:01, 21 October 2021 (UTC)
Would you like me to have a look at the few outliers (54 x short old IDs; 8 x invalid numeric Ids; 17 x anything else)? If so, please advise me how to find them. (I have in mind to locate them and then search Mapillary for an image in the same place.) The MR challenge seems to be closed, so I am not sure how to find them. --PeterPan99 (talk) 16:52, 28 November 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Peter, thank you for your assistance! The 54 short IDs were already matched by Chris as they were unique enough that there was only one match in the new IDs. For the 17 "others" I worked on them today and there must only be a few left that I can to within the next few days. If you would like to help, please take a look at https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/112812358 - somebody added 10 trees with the wrong tag (natural=wood and not natural=tree) and with a mapillary value of 1 or 1.5 or something. As the user didn't respond to my changeset comment, you could have look :) --Kai M. Poppe (talk) 18:20, 28 November 2021 (UTC)
query for old Id
To quickly fetch the all objects having a mapillary tag on a global scale, you can use this this query for analysis purposes as part of this automated edit. The result will be in PBF format, download via Export -> raw data directly from Overpass API. API 0.6 multi fetch call would be a good fit to download the relevant object ids, replace the mapillary ids, and re-upload the data. This way you're less depending on replication delays (note that some Overpass servers might have quite some delay, hence I'd recommend to always check the osm_base timestamp in the response.) Mmd (talk)
- Yep, still working on it, free time allotted is a problem right now. --Kai M. Poppe (talk) 17:03, 20 July 2022 (UTC)
Other keys with Mapillary images
When editing Wikimedia Commons images, I noticed that many Mapillary images also appear in image=* and image:0=*. Would it be possible to include these in the planned edit(s)? --501ghost (talk) 08:15, 4 October 2022 (UTC)